Sunday, June 23, 2013

glitter clothes pins

Ok this is a post that I am actually writing in the moment and will (probably) post as soon as I am done....small little victory dance?  Though I won't be done with it....I need to download the blogger app to my new phone so I can add pictures to all these new posts I am suddenly writing!

I had heard of the idea of glitter clothes pins in multiple places in the pinterest world....so when I saw it and then got some glitter at a decent price I knew my life would not be the same without them.

I read multiple ways of doing this on Pinterest and Ia m not sure if I used my own way or if I adapted it from several different sources, but if you DO feel that you are the original poster please contact me and I would be happy to add a link.

So I got 36 clothes pins for a buck at the d-tree----seriously awesome! I had tons of mod podge sitting around and I got a nice set of super fine glitter at  Michaels.....so the project was pretty well priced as well.
1. I started with a foam brush and added a layer of mod-podge then sprinkled the glitter.
2. After that I let the glitter and mod podge dry at least an hour
3. I used a piece of scratch paper to thoroughly tap off any excess glitter and then returned it to the container.

From here I either did another layer, or I sealed them depending on how thick the colored glitter.

4. For the last layer I used a foam brush that had a little bit of water on the brush.....only because it hadn't dried by sealing time.....and I do feel that it helped the mod-podge disperse without making a huge disaster and leaving gross clumpy glitter high and low.  I let it dry and sometimes did a second layer of mod-podge to seal it.

I just finished the second half of this project yesterday, I got E-6000 (the grossest strongest smelling glue I have ever worked with!) and used it to glue magnets and thumbtacks to the back. I made more thumbtack ones than magnet ones, but I also snagged a few for our fridge and they look really cute holding the wedding invitations we seem to suddenly be getting in the mail again!

Fun little project....I will post my uses of them later dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment