Thursday, July 11, 2013

Grey table

Ok first thing is first, I need tperfect rug underneatho update the blog with pictures, because words will not do this justice.

Now I try to make my words do justice until I log into the app via android (actually that is another new thing!)

A few weeks ago one of my dearest friends and her husband were over to eat and the topic came up between us lovely ladies about redoing furniture.  I mentioned that I had been considering redoing my dresser (really for quite a while) and I was debating a nice grey color.  As we are talking I look into my dining room and I kept thinking, you know what would REALLY look good grey is that table right there.  Ever since the idea popped into my head I knew that it was going to happen, and I couldn't get the idea OUT of my head.  Fortunately I have SEVEN chairs for my dining room set.  Random I know, but that made one thing very easy......if I messed up I would still have a perfectly good dining room set.  So of course I started with the broken chair (that I now have to fix).  After work one day I ran to lowes and asked for the best primer they had.....not gonna lie I had NO DESIRE to sand any anything....the lazy way of doing the project!

The great people in paint directed me to a gallon of primer.  Of course it only came in a gallon so if you are looking into doing a project and need primer you know who to call.  I got a quart of paint, and with just one chair left and a few touch ups it looks like it will be enough, but it will be REALLY irritating to have to buy another quart for minimal painting.  I started with the grey because I had black cushions, my thought being, I won't have to sand, varnish, or redo the cushions.  As soon as I did the first chair my thoughts were that the black would do until I found fabric I was thrilled with....but that the cushions would also need updating.

Now that it is in my dining room (though a few upside down places need touched up when I do the last chair) I totally love it.  Enough to be bothered to DEATH when there is stuff cluttering it, enough to NEVER use it as a craft table again.  We did have to sand the table top because of my paint and glue spills embellishments.  I am very thankful to my dad for his air sander which made that a quick and painless job.

For the cushions I looked around at fabric stores with no success.  If there was a fabric I might be happy with than of course there wasn't enough of it.  If it was a fabric I LOVED my husband pointed out that it looked like a face, you can never un-see that, and I am very grateful I hadn't bought the fabric yet.  As I was running some errands at Target the corner of my eye caught what I thought would be perfect.....a table cloth of all things! The best part? The tablecloth cut PERFECTLY into 6 pieces that were the exact size I needed! Pics to come as soon as I can possibly figure it out! This is a project I am very pleased with!

Pictures are before,  first 'practice' chair with old cushion,  during, chair after,  and the complete set!

The chairs beforehand,  I recovered them with this fabric about 5 years ago. 
Work ststation during 
Complete!!!!  Though I do need s perfect rug underneath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment